I love my boys. And I love my husband. I'd do almost anything in the world for them. However, I was hoping against all hope that it would not involve baseball. I like sports, really I do. Soccer, football, swim team...bring it on. But I loathe baseball. It's slow, it's long, it's...ugh!
Now Andy, on the other hand, loves it. In the spring and summer, I can go out any night I want because then he can watch a game. I know he actually hopes that I won't come home early and make him turn the channel. He's been very tolerant of the fact that I cannot stand the sport. (It probably helps that I like football.) Astonishingly enough, he had nothing really to do with this new found addiction in our household. That's not to say that he hasn't supported it and encouraged it but I can honestly say that he had very little to do with the initial contraction of the disease.
The boys are now decked out with their own gloves, a new tee, bats, and baseballs galore. However, the icing on the cake is the helmet. Neither boy plays on a t-ball team so there is no reason that we need to own a batting helmet. (There wasn't time this year. Even Andy couldn't find a way to make it work.) But when Nana, Mommy, Daddy, and Zack went looking for some new baseball equipment a few weeks ago, Zack discovered the helmet while Daddy was checking everything else out. He put it on his head and proceeded to walk around the store. We (Mommy and Daddy) were hoping that we could do the old switcheroo at the check out...you know, get the stuff you really came for and leave the thing you didn't need and hopefully he'd forget about it. No such luck. We exited the store and the first thing he said was, "Where's my helmet?" In true grandma fashion, Nana went back into the store and we are now the proud owners of a t-ball helmet. All that said, I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story! The man who started it all...the one time a year Andy gets to play for real is when the college has it's softball tournament. The students are always a little surprised at how good he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment